Friday 23 March 2012

Post-production

For my music magazine my post-production skills were still quite basic. This is because I had only had brief practice using the programmes when making my school magazine (AS preliminary task). I used Photoshop to edit the photos I had taken and to construct the pages trying to make them look like they belonged to a genuine music magazine.

For my music video project, my post-production skills had developed. After filming the footage for the video, we edited it in Adobe Premier Pro, splitting the clips to shorten the lengths making them much more fast pace, meaning the story moved on quicker. On Premier Pro we also added effects to the footage such as changing the speed of the clips, fades and making them black and white. Doing this changed the way the footage was seen to the viewer. We also used Adobe After Effects for the final scene of our video. We wanted the video to fade to black then stage on black for a brief moment before ending. This was achieved through editing the footage on After Effects.

For my music magazine, I used some post-production skills but not as many as I did in my A2 project of making a music video, digipak and advert. Through looking back at the post-production skills I used you can see how they have developed over the course of the projects I have completed.

No comments:

Post a Comment