Saturday 24 March 2012

Digital technology

For my music magazine I used different types of digital technology. During the research stage I used the internet to look at existing music magazine so that I could analyse them to see which codes and conventions they use. I also used the internet to access Blogger, the blogging site I used to record my progress throughout the project. I also used Photoshop to construct my magazine pages. On Photoshop I used the lasso tool, changed the brightness, added colour and text, made new layers as well as other tools/features. To take the photographs that I then used and edited on Photoshop, I used Digital SLR cameras. These cameras enabled me to take profession looking photographs. I look varied shots so that not all the photos used within my magazine were the same.

For my music video and digipak/advert project, again I used many different types of digital technology. I used the internet to look at existing videos, digipaks and adverts so that we could analyse them to generate ideas and see the codes and conventions used within them. I also used the internet to record the progress throughout the project on the blogging site, Blogger. Another site we used the internet for was Slideshare, we used this to upload our pitch too so that we could put it on our blog. We also used programmes on the computer including Photoshop (used to create the digipak and advert - used tools such as contrast, text and lasso), Adobe Premier Pro (used to create the rough and final cut of the video as well as the evaluation videos - used tools such as cutter and fade effects) and Adobe After Effects (used for the evaluation videos and to create the final scene of our video). We also used the green screen for our evaluation videos so that we could edit them to have photos and videos in the background that related to what we were saying. We used video cameras and Digital SLR cameras too, to shoot the footage for our videos and take photos for our digipak and advert.

No comments:

Post a Comment